Putney Student Travel is seeking creative, detail-oriented individuals who are passionate about the transformational potential of educational travel for a full-time entry to mid-level role as a Francophone Program Coordinator at its headquarters in Putney, VT. A multi-generational family-run organization, PST, has provided high-quality educational summer travel opportunities for high school and middle school students for over 70 years. Additionally, Putney is proud to partner with the Smithsonian Institution, the Harvard School of Public Health, and the Columbia University Climate School in creating and operating campus and travel-based student programs that reflect the values and core strengths of these storied organizations.
The position is based in Putney, VT (please note we are not currently accepting applications for remote positions) and includes occasional travel within the U.S. and overseas. Applicants must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 (with religious and medical exemptions considered). The work environment is informal. Compensation is competitive and benefits for full-time employees include flexible time off, health insurance, and a retirement plan.
To be considered, please email a CV and brief cover letter to Patrick Noyes (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Putney Student Travel is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate and actively prioritize increasing diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for our students and staff. You may read our Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion statement here: https://goputney.com/diversity-equity-inclusion/
Program Coordinator - French language programs
Program Coordinators work as part of a close-knit team to research, design, organize, market, and oversee the successful completion of a diverse program slate each season. Each coordinator has a personal set of programs that are wholly their own, often being responsible for programs that range widely in terms of focus and geographic location. We have specific need for Program Coordinators who have the skills and experiences and who would be excited to:
● Program in French-speaking countries or itineraries that spend a portion of their time in French-speaking countries or regions.
● Inherit a number of pre-existing programs from current Program Coordinators, learning program history
● Create innovative new educational itineraries primarily within (and occasionally outside) your areas of knowledge and expertise, whether they be geographic (programs in North America, Europe, Africa, and the Caribbean), linguistic (Francophone programs), or thematic (cultural studies, research-based field science, etc...)
● Assume responsibility for a full spectrum of program logistics, from food, travel, and accommodations to activity planning and value added curriculum implementation
● Maintain and nurture existing long-standing relationships with international contacts; develop new contacts with the same level of care and sustainability
● Facilitate the participation of program-specific Experts
● Communicate with potential and current parents and students via phone, video calls, and email
● Train and support summer program leaders, both during in-person orientations and while in the field
● A Bachelor's degree or higher, or significant professional experience in a field related to educational travel
● Excellent written and verbal communication skills in French
● Strong interpersonal skills
● Strong organizational skills and extreme attention to detail
● Comfort with the Google suite of Cloud Apps (spreadsheets and documents)
● The ability and desire to work creatively, collaboratively, and flexibly within a small team
● Exceptional ability for self-driven task and project management
● Depth of experience in a particular francophone international destination, Francophone culture, or French language instruction
● Ability to balance the mission and ideals of Putney Student Travel and partner organizations with the realities of building a sustainable business
Nice to Have:
● Experience in the field of educational travel, especially as a program leader or on-site program director
● Additional technical skills in the areas of: video editing/production, graphic design, spreadsheet design, or server network management.
Please review our current program offerings at:
www.goputney.com (Putney Student Travel)
www.goprecollege.com (Putney Pre-College)
https://smithsonianstudenttravel.org/ (Smithsonian Student Travel)
And include with your cover letter a non-exhaustive list of those programs you feel most qualified to take on as Program Coordinator.